Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Penguin wedding card - spellbinders nestabilities

So lastly my final attempt at penguins (above). I went from penguins looking like bears, to dogs, then bumble bees (no photo of this as was very embrassing), then finally, I think I have done it! What do you think??

I have to say the laughs at work were as much fun as trying to get it right!

Okay so the second attempt below ended up with the penguins looks more like Dogs! My card making supporters at work agreed that from a distance they looked good but up close the face layering just didn't work...

So I have added another photo to this post as when I took the penguin card (below) to work today, Val loved it, however, Glenys came along and said "what a lovely BEAR card"! Funny, even I have to admit something was not quite right with my first attempt and they do look like bears! So after work tonight I tried again and the above photo is my next attempt, I think they look better but I'm still not sold on them!

About a year ago I made a few penguin wedding cards, unfortunately I threw my templates away in my recent clean out, probably thinking they were alot of work to trace around everything and then cut and glue all of the pieces...

A lady at work asked me if I could make her another one, so I thought I'd give it a try using my spellbinder nestabilities, ovals and circles.

The hat is made using the stampin up tab punch, the feet and wings were circle and ovals cut in half... the beak is freehand...

I couldn't decide whether oval or round faces were better, the smaller oval was a bit too small so here we have two FAT penguins!

Please let me know what you think...

Posted by Picasa


  1. What a great idea! I'd never have thought to try something like this with my nesties, but love how yours turned out! Thanks for the inspiration!

  2. Wow it's really nice...Beautiful idea. Excellent work you did. I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Keep sharing more.