Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Cricut - playing with my new toy!













Well, it's been a long tome since I posted anything on my blog, I have been very busy getting prepared for Christmas, visiting friends, and playing with my new toy. After seeing my friend Rel's new Cricut machine in action (Thanks Rel and Grant!), I was so keen to upgrade to one of these (Grant was right and Rel knew I wouldn't be able to resist!). I spent a day or two thinking about it and working out what cuttlebug stuff it would replace and then frantically selling my cuttlebug dies in order to cover some of the cost of the machine. Luckily they had $100 off and 3 free cartridges, so I snapped up the bargin and have since $500 off sales to cover the cost...
Unfortunately I picked up a cold last weekend so have been rather sick last week and am just starting to come right with only a cough left! So busy at work gearing up towards graduation this week and end of year results and thinga, I will be stuffed by Christmas as am struggling already, although the cold doesn't help. Strange to get my one cold of the year in December when it's usually in October.... Hope I am all better by Christmas, I can't wait to eat my turkey!
So here are some pics of the little things I have been playing with on my cricut. I am super impressed by this machine, more impressed than when I saw it. So pleased with the options of also doing gift boxes, cards and 3d items.... I love Winnie the Pooh too and am loooking forward to using him on a scrapbook page soon..... the tags are easy and heaps of designs, the coolest thing about this machine is that you can do any size you want up to 12x12". I have a few cartridges already and some more arriving tomorrow.
I'm gonna have lots of fun over the holidays!
Oh yeah, and the castle was heaps of fun to make!










Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Wow, wow wow...... these are terrific!!!!!!! what great cartridges you have picked and they are going to be so versitile. Love winnie the pooh, it was a favourite toy of our Logan's when he was little and obviously a cartridge I will have to get too for his scrapbooking book I want to do for his 21st. Love seeing what you can produce, it all looks fantastic and so glad you are so pleased with your new purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have a cricut machine and love it. dont forget to check out trade me for cheap cartridges too, like a third cheaper than the shops. also if you are interested I do have a spare copy of Design Studio for sale. anyway enjoy playing with your new toy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have a cricut machine and love it. dont forget to check out trade me for cheap cartridges too, like a third cheaper than the shops. also if you are interested I do have a spare copy of Design Studio for sale. anyway enjoy playing

    ReplyDelete