Thursday, February 12, 2009

Altered Tin Bucket

After seeing some of Michelle's inspiring projects last night, and with the excitement of playing with my new crop-o-dile big bite II, I rushed out to the warehouse after work to buy some tins.

Although I hadn't considered that buying a bucket shape tin would cause any problems, would you believe I had no idea how to cut the paper to fit, eventually I worked out that I needed to lie tin down on paper and trace the shape while rolling the tin along. I was delighted when I ended up with a curved sheet of paper which actually fit around the tin.

So basically, I used the BB crop-o-dile to cut holes into the tin and inserted eyelets around the top. I cut the paper into two for top and bottom so you would see the nice detail of the brass coloured tin in the middle. Added ribbon and some flowers (Stampin up , *friendship blooms set )and there you have it, a very cute tin bucket. This will be a great gift filled with soaps or treats... the options are endless.

*Michelle has the friendship blooms set for sale on her blog, only $15 and only one so great in fast, you'll love it!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. What a fab job you've done on these buckets! LOVE them. Might even get around to decorating mine someday. Soon. Yeah rite! Probably going to be one of those last minute Christmas Gifts knowing me!
    Good job Jacqui - and thanks for the plug re the SAB set!
    Have a great night
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic job. Hope you found the tins at spotlight and have had fun decorating them. Keep up the amazing work..... Take care

    ReplyDelete