Friday, June 4, 2010

Tree trimmings


Well the long weekend (Queen's Birthday) if off to a good start, not only have I bought two new stampsets, I have also managed to make 6 cards tonight using these sets and I haven't even been to the craft fair yet! I am really looking forward to the Dunkley's craft fair tomorrow, it's on for 4 days including today (shame I had to work)... so I may go more than one day.... I think it's going to be an expensive weekend!

So here are 3 cards made using the tree trimmings set, I know it's a bit early for Christmas cards but had to try the set out... I have stamped the baubles onto cardstock on both sides, it's so easy with my favourite tool, the stamp-a-ma-jig from stampin up. I stamped the image on one side of the card, the other image on the stamp-a-ma-jig plastic sheet, held them up to a light to line up and stamped in place on the other side.... this way when the bauble moves you can see it is the same on both sides!
The windows are cut out with my nestabilities using my cuttlebug and then I used a larger frame and embossed it to give the frame detail....
I was really pleased with the result. Nice and simple...

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. These are lovely! Thanks for sharing! Love how you embossed around the windows for a framed look it's very effective.
    I wish I could get into the Christmas spirit a bit early and get my cards out of the way... I left it too late last year lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really gorgeous, very effective the way you have hung them swinging in the beautiful frame. Love them.

    ReplyDelete