Thursday, October 14, 2010

Nested 3D Christmas cards


A few fun creations tonight....

I don't know the name for it but I saw at the craft fair a while back that you can buy printed cards with nested type layers (i hope you know what I mean) so I thought I would try to make my own version of these using a stamped image (once for background and second for layering) then cut the layering one with 3 spellbinders nestabilities (3 for layering 3d and the other two (larger ones) for the backing and frame.

I was plesantly surprised with the result and it does look like the things I remembering seeing at the craft fair...but of course better as not printed or mass produced or expensive!

I have tried two, one square and using the Stampin Up wish for peace set and the second oval, using the Stamping up Dasher stamp...





Posted by PicasaLastly a different fold card which stands up once opened.... really simple to make so let me know if you want the instructions....
Hope you like them...

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love these. What an awesome idea and so very effective. Looks really terrific, I love it. Also this card above, would love to know how you did this and the instructions. Hope all is well with you, have missed our catch up this week, but life has been ultra busy, but thining of you.

    ReplyDelete